Title: Sr. Manager of Employee Relations
Location: Rosemead, CA 91770
Lucas Group has partnered with a national restaurant chain in their search of a Sr. Manager of Employee Relations. This role will have oversight of a team of multiple employee relations reps. Will also consider someone as an individual contributor. The employee relations reps are engaged in investigations and resolving complaints and concerns. Will work in conjunction with operations managers, field HR and legal to develop and implement positive workforce practices and strategies aligned with the company's mission, values and culture.
This individual will recommend actions developed by the members of the team to resolve associate relations in the field. Will coach and advise operations leadership to resolve problems without litigation.
- Hiring and retaining staff
- Coming up with strategies to support performance
- Developing and elevating associate
- Respond to and investigate associate or guest complaints such as discrimination, harassment, wage and hour laws, or unfair treatment
- Maintain accurate records in compliance with company procedures
- Recommend actions to be taken following federal, state, and local laws and company policies.
- Review formal written responses and documentation related to associate relations issues
- May attend EEO hearings, mediation or settlement negotiations.
- Review and investigate all requests for suspension, corrective action, and termination to ensure requested action complies with company policy and legal requirements.
- Lead or participate in special projects related to legal compliance involving Support Center departments and Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business and/or HR majors
- PHR/SPHR or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum seven years HR Generalist experience in employee relations, training and development, recruiting, and people management, retail/hospitality environment.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.